Become a CWA member now:
The Constructed Wetland Association (CWA) is a professional association, representing all those who are interested in using wetlands and those practicing in the field of constructed wetland technology. Our aims are the following:
To provide quality assurance, establish and maintain the highest standards of design, installation, performance and maintenance of these systems through research, training, seminars, conferences, peer review and accreditation.
To promote the use of constructed wetlands for pollution control, including wastewater treatment and surface water run-off management, whilst maximising multiple benefits such as flood control, biodiversity enhancement and amenity.
The CWA works to promote the awareness of constructed wetland technology in water pollution control and takes a lead role in advocacy for the application of constructed wetlands in pollution prevention and the delivery of multiple benefits. The CWA visualises an industry in which best practice is shared and standards are upheld.
The Constructed Wetland Association aims to:
- Share and promote best practice
- Maintain a global network of constructed wetland researchers, practitioners, regulators and users
- Provide an accreditation service for the constructed wetland industry
- Provide information and training in wetland applications through online courses, workshops and seminars
Members of the Association include:
- Major water companies
- Academics and researchers
- Design consultants
- Plant suppliers
- End users
Members backgrounds include:
- Sewage Treatment
- Mine Water Treatment
- Industrial Effluent Treatment
- Academic research
- Habitat Creation
- Plant growing
- Wetland Design and Construction