Apply For Accreditation
As you are not logged in as a Corporate, Charity/NPO or Public Sector member, you cannot currently make an application to become accredited. Please login for more options or feel free to just read about the Accreditation process below.
The CWA was formed to promote and encourage the creation of an industry in which good practice is shared and quality standards of design, installation and maintenance are established and upheld. We aim, through our membership to:
- Create a centre and body of excellence.
- Spread good practice.
- Set industry quality standards.
- Recognise those who uphold those standards through a process of Accreditation.
- Create and maintain a national and global network of bona fide practitioners involved in wetland design and construction.
Benefits of Accreditation
- Quality assurance. Provide assurance to clients that:
- Systems will be designed, installed and maintained to a standard approved and promoted by the CWA.
- Wetland plants, materials and equipment will be supplied to an approved standard and quality.
- Greater marketing value.
- Greater access to Professional Indemnity insurance cover. Publicity.
- Promotion through CWA Website.
- Use of a specific “Accredited” logo.
- Peace of mind for companies and clients through peer review of activities in the industry.
Corporate Members are able to apply to become an Accredited Member. Not all members of the CWA will want to seek Accreditation. It applies primarily to those involved with the following areas of Constructed Wetlands:
Plant growers and material and equipment suppliers may also wish to seek Accreditation. The requirements in these cases will be broadly similar but tailored as relevant to their specific business sectors. Please contact the CWA Secretary for details.
The accreditation process
Applications can be made online or by downloading a printable application form here. It is split into 4 parts:
- General information - company details, experience and training
- Competency framework - areas of expertise
- Case study examples - system description, environmental permits, design details, maintenance schedules, photos
- References - min of 3 referees, client and professional
A fee of £395 is payable for a first time application. Accreditation is valid for 3 years and the re-accreditation fee is £200. For further information, please contact us.